Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Two Rings

While I accept that I am Bride of the Lamb, I do - often - run into a quandary. I am not only the Sister and Bride of Yeshua (Jesus), but I am also another's bride as well. I am already married. I was wed before my calling in 2007. How then, can I give my heart completely to Yeshua AND my husband who has been faithful and true to me since our vows?

I don't want to hurt either and I love both very much.

It is said in Heaven there are no husbands and wives. Christ said that when asked to whom did a woman belong if she were widowed several times in her life.

I see the Truth now, though partially. Though there's a knot in my mind that I still wrestle.

Women belong to no man. Men belong to no women. We belong to each other - everyone to all. We belong to God. Our relationships here are but mere shadows of the interconnections there will be beyond this existence.

In this world, when one belongs to another, it is exclusive - there are jealousies, there is no sharing. When all belong to everyone, there is union and communion - there is Love for all. This is not the "free love" of the 1960's and early 1970's. This is something this world has yet to see. But it is real. It is beyond our petty jealousies and makes little of the need to "own" another.

How does that apply in my life?

Good question.

I actually CAN give myself completely to both my husband and Yeshua. Yeshua's Love does not exclude, but rather INcludes all others. So, in truth, accepting my role as Bride actually brings me closer to my husband as well. It opens my hearts to all others for I am asked to see my Brother in all others. Love all others as I would Love Him. That includes my spouse.

It is only the ego in my mind that argues that my Love for Yeshua is betraying my spouse. It isn't; it can't it's impossible. For any relationship build on Love is found in my relationship with Yeshua.

Yes, any. Parent-child. Brother-sister. Bridegroom-Bride. Husband-Wife. Friend-friend. All.

Two ring fingers have I. Two rings. One Love for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment