Friday, December 30, 2011

Daughter of the Celts

I've thought of myself as "Daughter of the Celts" for a while now; at least since High School which was over two decades ago. Apparently, Pari isn't too happy with the self-given title.

It is how I have come to think of myself. I am Daughter of the Celts; my Brother is Descendant of Abraham. I know for certain I don't have any bloodline that runs back to Abraham. He is at home in the hot, dry desert climes of the Holy Land; I am more at home in the cold, white north.
.
Yet, I was ... corrected ... I suppose is an appropriate term. I am not to think of myself as "Daughter of the Celts" for that is not just who and what I am. Further, when I think in comparative terms with my Brother, I am drawing lines dividing us instead of erasing them bringing us closer together - as One.

That is what Pari wants in the end; God's children as One.
.
So, as a stepping stone I was offered two titles to live up to instead of the self-chosen one: Daughter of the Light; Sister of the King. 

The first reminds me I am Pari's daughter and where my first allegiance and responsibility lies. The second is a reminder that I am kin to my Brother, but I still must follow His guidance.
There is still much more I need to learn and grow...

...and  time grows short.

No comments:

Post a Comment