Saturday, December 10, 2011

Follow Up

This is a follow up to the procedure I had yesterday. All went well, very well. I tried the two-thought method and didn't have any pain. Really! The doctor and nurse were amazed, saying I didn't even flinch. No painkillers and wide awake. I just focused my mind away and tried to see Christ in the doctor.

Apparently, I need a bit more discipline to continue that process. When I got home and went to empty my bladder, I practically SCREAMED in pain. OK. Now I know that I need to focus on nailing the pain to the cross each time I urinate - at least for a while. Practice makes perfect, right?
.
It does help when I focus my mind. It hurt initially in the middle of the night, when I was half-asleep, and when my mind is distracted by something else. It really does have a lot to do with how we focus. Interesting.

But when I do focus correctly, the pain is gone. Gone to the point I forget I will feel pain and then get a sudden painful surprise next trip to the bathroom. Pain is said to be a good teacher. Perhaps I will learn where to focus my mind through this experience.

Otherwise, the exam turned up nothing wrong except for some long technical term that the doctor translated as "irritable bladder." So my cranky organ needs to be coddled a bit with a change in diet - at least temporary. No spicy foods, no caffeine (including chocolate!), no alcohol, no tobacco (though I don't smoke), no citric foods (including juices), and lots and lots of water. If that doesn't clear up the pain and problems by the end of January, we may try drugs, but I will always go for natural methods first.

But most important, I will continue to practice focusing my mind on Christ, nail pain to the cross (no more fear), and work toward healing. Christ is said to be the Healer, right? Sometimes minds - or way we think of things - needs to be healed too... 

No comments:

Post a Comment