Friday, December 9, 2011

Seeing Christ in Others

In addition to keeping thoughts of fear and pain nailed to the cross, I was given one other thought to keep in mind today as I face the dread that reared its vile head this morning. That is I need to see my Brother in all others. Today, I need to focus on Christ's spirit working in the doctor that will perform the cystoscopy.

This is simple enough to understand yet I admit not as easy to practice. Christ exists in each of us. He exists in me. He exists in the doctor, regardless of what the doctor believes.

I need to trust that the doctor does not have any malicious intent. He does not want to harm me, he will do what he can to ease any pain or discomfort for me. He performs this procedure to determine why I am in pain and have blood in my urine despite no relief from antibiotics nor any infection from the lab cultures. He's going to get a good look inside to see if there is anything wrong: polyps, tumors, adhesion, or surgical scars from the hysterectomy. From there we can take care of the problem.

Christ can be a beautiful light within the heart and mind of the doctor. He can steady the doctor's hands during the procedure, guide him to the problem and steer his mind to the solution. Even if the doctor is not a Christian; Christ is still within him.
.
I need to be the one to believe.

My faith and my interconnection with others in this world can enable Christ to work in and through others. Yes, we ALL have that ability; it is part of our faith. We don't need to convert them, we need to open OUR eyes to see Christ in them, then His work can truly begin.
.
I admit I have tried this tentatively before and it does work. Even though my mind tells me this is a bigger problem, my heart argues this does not matter. Nothing is impossible for God. It is God's Will that brothers and sisters help one another. This doctor is a brother of mine, helping me. I have the responsibility to likewise help my brother help me, by believing in both him and Christ. By trusting that he means no harm and letting Christ work through him not to harm me but to help me.

May God open my eyes today, so I can see Christ inside the doctor and all around me. Letting His Light shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment