Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ghost

Long before I learned much of what I have come to know, I was a believer in ghosts. I watched horror films and spooked myself silly often thereafter. I came to recognize a particular icy chill when there was a strong presence of an unseen spirit. My college roommates and I have witnessed bizarre events ranging from cold spells to objects flying by themselves. No, we did not play with ouija boards or call circles. There's enough bizarre events in New York City without that.

But what I want to discuss more at length is something that just happened - today - right in my work office. It wasn't frightening, but ... moving.

While I was sitting at my desk entering journal entries into Quickbooks, from the list that the accountants gave me for year-end reconciliation, my mind was focused on the data and numbers. There was a chill to my left side. I got up and closed the office door thinking perhaps someone had propped open the front door to the building, letting the chill air flow in.

When I sat back at my desk, I still felt the hollow, damp chill on my left side, as well as an impression that someone were leaning over my chair reading over my shoulder. I realized I may have a visitor, an unseen one.

I did something I had not done before.

I closed my eyes and prayed the Lord's Prayer / Our Father. I focused on each word as I whispered it into air around me. Then I added the following; I have no idea why and no pre-thought to the action.

If there is some lost soul beside me, dear Brother please take his hand and lead him home.

No sooner had I finished saying these words then there was a "whoosh" - best way I can describe the sensation, as if ... some one ... reached through me. I am really flubbing this description. Let me try it step-by-step.

At first there was calm Peace that I get often now when I finish a prayer. Then there was a rippling / moving sensation that felt like an energy current ran from the top of my head through my whole body and reached out beyond my aura to my immediate surroundings. Then, in less than a handful of heartbeats, it reversed. But I experienced it in such a way, my mind remembers how every nerve in my body felt - but it also had a strong sensation to my spirit, as though that too was involved.

The cold sensation was gone immediately with the "upward whoosh." As I sat there in a "WOW, what was THAT?" moment, it felt as though another cold presence moved into the space on my left. By the time I reach this point in writing, there is another presence at my lower belly, lap, knees and toes as though someone is sitting at my feet leaning on my lap.

I don't understand this. I can't explain it. Did something really happen? Did someone - did my Brother - really reach through me? Would it happen again if I prayed again? I don't know.

Part of me is quite hesitant to find out.

But there was no fear in the initial experience. Just that Peace. And more than a touch of wonder.

I trust Yeshua / Jesus.

I trust God.

I close my eyes, I say the prayer and will try again...

No comments:

Post a Comment