Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cookies!

This is a fun follow up to what I had posted in my Ash Wednesday post. In it, I had written:

And I am not alone; Yeshua (Jesus) is with me. I had a cute image shared, where Yeshua lifts up a younger sibling so they could reach the cookie jar high on the shelf. It's something a big brother would do for those He loves.

Where will Lent take me on the journey this year? I don't know. But with Yeshua at my side, it will be something wonderful.

Maybe there will be cookies too.
:D

I sincerely believe God has a sense of humor and gives us a few little smiles in life; sometimes it's subtle but still observable. This past Sunday, we reached the end of Lent. Because I couldn't have any jelly beans or chocolate due to my IC/PBS, my husband thought to give me a treat by baking me homemade sugar cookies.

So yes - there WERE cookies! :)

I re-read the Ash Wednesday post yesterday and asked my husband last night if he had read it. He never did. This was something ... inspired. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment