Thursday, April 26, 2012

Conversations with Yeshua

I think it's time to admit openly, at least on this blog, a few things. I know I've hinted at it in the past, hoping none would believe I'm either a liar or insane. But I think I've reached a point when I can stand up and say, yes, I do talk with Yeshua (Jesus) - beyond the traditional prayers.

How do I know it's really THE Yeshua? Don't you think I've had that question run through my own head hundreds of times since it started happening in 2007? Yes, at this time, I am certain. Explaining why I am would take more than one blog - more than a book - to answer with all the evidence He's given me over the years.

Here I want to clarify a few things, though. Thus the purpose of this blogpost.

First, it's not really "hearing" Him through my ears. My physical ears don't hear Him at all. It's not "voices in my head" either. In fact, Yeshua doesn't speak to me in English. Nor would I understand another language easily.

Let's take a step back and go over the whole process, at least as far as I've come to understand it.

When we pray, we say words in our head. These words are translated, via the Spirit into vibrations or something at the level in which God actually communicates.

When God or Yeshua wish to communicate to me, it goes through a process not too unlike a phone's headset. There is some vibration / energy transmitted to me, within which is the message / meaning that is being conveyed. My spirit registers this vibration and translates it - through the Spirit within us - to my mind. It then becomes thoughts, concepts, feelings, ideas, and - to some degree - understanding.

Then the grey matter kicks in, as though it received the message through the neural network that's in our bodies (including the parts that hear). The message is sometimes - but not always - translated into words that I know. In my case, that's English. But when Yeshua sends it - it could start as Aramaic or Hebrew or something else entirely.

Other times I receive something with no words at all, but rather feelings or impressions - affirmative, negative, "you know better," "you're OK," "I'm here with you," "don't give up," laughter / amusement, sadness, disappointment... I can go on, but you get the idea. It's an impression rather than specific words.

Do I speak with Yeshua daily? Yes. Several times a day. In fact, one of the exercises He asked me to do at the start was to NOT set my alarm clock, but let Him wake me up - whatever time I needed to be awake. Trust Him. I haven't set my alarm clock since 2007! 

He got me up at 3:30 am today, telling me it's time to write. I will admit - I can grumble quite a bit in my mind when I'm half awake. But I type this now with eyes sparkling; I love my Brother dearly and this is one of the things we've come to share between us over the years.

We have conversations too, some lengthy, some quick, some quirky. I recall one time I asked Him about some of the customs of His time that I found strange. He retorted with, "Well you shave your legs!" LoL

There's many things we spoke about, including stuff that really doesn't matter in either His ministry or what I'm asked to do. These are simple parts of a little sister getting to know her big Brother, getting to know the carpenter from Nazareth who also happens to be the Redeemer of the world. I guess we all have day jobs. :D

For example, I've discovered His favorite color is red and He prefers rock music over country music. (I can't believe I found the picture to the right a few years after He told me that; guitar is the right color - LoL). It's certainly different than my tastes; my favorite color is blue and I LIKE country music. I'm not saying He hates it, but he likes to hear rock music more. That and the lyre & timbrel (which I finally looked up today to make sure I spelled it correctly - :P). The lyre I knew about before, but when He showed me an image of timbrel, I saw the tambourine. Close enough. :D

In addition to the fun stuff, there are some serious conversations too. Some of which I started to share on this blog and will likely continue in earnest. There are things He will not tell me. He also does not know when "the Day of His Return" will be. He still waits for our Father. But it's close; though "close" can be relative in the concept of Eternity.

I've learned that words that my head translates need to go through a strainer. I need the correct perception to understand some things. My own perception is still quite limited and there will be mistranslations. The gray matter will take these messages - like any thing else we see, hear, touch, taste, etc. and will put it in concept of our current understandings and experiences. With a limited - or incorrect - perception, the gray goo WILL and DOES spit out the wrong words. I have even had two or three words overlap simultaneously - sort of a malfunction. Our receptors are not perfect.

Yes - OUR receptors. What I can do, everyone has the potential to do. We can all hear Yeshua - and God. We just need to be willing to do so.

Our belief that we can not is one of the things that will block it - hanging up the call.

Why would we do that?

Well, I think it started back in Moses' time (see Exodus) where the people told God, "Please stop talking to us; you're scaring the hell out of us when you do." So God agreed and sent Prophets to tell the people what He wants to say. Am I a prophet? Well... I tend to argue that I'm not. That's another blogpost, though.

I just want to say that this is something that we ALL have available to us. Every one! Yes, it scares the crap out of you at first, but it's something you can get used to. Yes, it's not a perfect reception, but one can learn to filter what they hear with the understanding that their perception will color the words their minds are translating. After all, the bible itself is a translation too.

That is where we need to admit we don't know a lot of things, and let the Spirit within guide us so we CAN understand.

6 comments:

  1. This post is very interesting. Many times I have wanted to hear God speak to me but how to go about it. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quiet your mind, open your heart. God wants to share, from the very start. :D

      Delete
  2. How can I talk to Him like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speak as though you have your best friend right beside you. Remember, He is your older Brother, as well as Lord. He will readily put aside the crown just to spend a few minutes by your side as your Friend and Brother first.

      He is not impressed with "thee" and "thou" and elegant words of prayer, but with sharing every aspect of your life. What is your favorite food? What did you do today that made you smile? What brought tears to your eye? Share everything! Yes, He already knows, but sharing it is what grows and strengthens the relationship between you.

      The more you share all - both positive and negative, the more Christ helps and works in your life. He cannot help you UNTIL you share, it's part of our free will. If you hide something, Christ still sees it, but cannot help you with it.

      There is nothing too little or too "bad" that Christ does not want you to share with Him. What is the weather like your way? Did you see that flower as you walked by? Did you hear the bird sing? Did you see the kids at play? Did you really mean to say/do something?

      Too often we put Yeshua / Jesus on a pedestal - high above us and in stern unwavering Judgement over us. This, sadly, creates *FEAR* in approaching Him, instead of Love. Love is the key; Fear pushes Him away from us. So remove the pedestal in your mind. Christ wants to be at your side, as close as your best friend. A big Brother who loves you, helps you, but may also pull a prank on you or tease you to coax out a smile.

      While Divine, He is as human as us too, and it's the human-aspect that can help us draw closer to Him, getting past the fear of Judgement, and finding a best friend and dear Brother to speak with on a regular basis - many times per day.

      What do you have/see/experience in your daily life that He would not during his time? What foods do you eat that He would not have access to when He walked the Earth? Do you ever eat shellfish or sushi, bananas or bacon? What about playing video games, or communicating with someone in a different time zone?

      The more your share, the more you feel His Presence there. :D

      I pray this helps answer your question. :D

      Delete
    2. Thank you for this, tell Him I said hello. :)

      & one more thing, I'd love to get in contact with you, I have something weird happening in my life that I'd like to talk to someone like well . . . you, about if that's okay? Ha! I'm so pathetic. **shakes head**

      Delete
    3. I will extend your greeting, but you can also tell Him "hello" yourself. He Loves to hear from YOU.

      Really.

      As to the contact, you can send me at: JesusSister2011 at hotmail dot com (just replace "at" and "dot" with the appropriate characters and eliminate the spaces). I need to post it that way to avoid spam bots. :P

      Delete