Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Shut... Up... ?

There are times when tweeting where I am caught up in the flow. Words start spilling out, in rhyming 140-character or less nuggets. I find it difficult to stop. I literally feel Love flow through and reach out to others. It's beautiful.

Not until searching for images for this blogpost this morning did I realize that both the Holy Spirit and Twitter are symbolized by birds. For me, there is certainly a connection.

Yesterday, I was on a roll. I spent about three hours reading and responding to tweets. Joy was singing in my heart, but the clock never stopped either. It was too soon time to stop for work. My day-job called.

I had tweeted a line that I had to go, a "final parting" with which I try to end my tweet stream. But the words continued to flow - unabated. They weren't even going out to a person as a response. It was just... singing.

That's enough, I said to myself. Another tweet. You can stop now, I warned the words. Another tweet. I need to get to the job, I cajoled, trying to dam the powerful stream of words in me. Another tweet. Please stop! Another tweet.

Shut up! Stop! I need you to shut up now! It stopped. I scooped up my things, snapped shut the laptop and headed for work. It didn't take long before I realized what just happened...Did I really just tell the Holy Spirit "Shut Up"???

Who do I think I am???? This is a blessing! This is a gift! Did I not recently say that God will be faithful and see that the work of my day-job is done???

I do regret that. I realized what a big mistake that was and sincerely apologized. The words didn't flow for the rest of the day, but fortunately they are with me this morning.

I need to Trust God more. He knows I have a day-job and other responsibilities in life. He'll help me do them, if I Trust Him. I should never - ever - tell God, Yeshua or the Spirit "Shut up..." 

:*(

No comments:

Post a Comment