Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Donation

Today K-Love started it's springtime beg-a-thon. I donated something last year in the fall and hoped to donate more, but my husband and I opted to donate to the food bank and a few charities near us. There is only so much in the budget...

I listen to K-Love practically every day at work over the internet and I wanted to do something to help support them. So this morning, I sent an email to K-Love with an unusual proposal:

--------------------------------------------------------
The little drummer boy stood before the Christ child; he had no gift to give. While I am not a drummer, I am a writer. The keyboard is my drum and words are my song. Will you accept a gift of words?

I have a collection of short stories I have written and posted to my blog over the past few years, some of which include Awaiting His Return, The Fisherman, Greatest Treasure in the World, Lion's Estate, Road to Bethlehem and many more. 

What I offer is an arrangement; I can send you the collection of the stories. I retain the copyrights and give you legal permission to publish them. When doing so, I request you leave my name out of the work (anonymous) and can add K-Love as the publisher/distributor, though a notation pointing to my blog would be appreciated.

You could use e-publishing and POD (print-on-demand), as that involves no money upfront. K-Love would receive 100% of the money received from the sale of the work (less the cost the e-publisher takes off the top).

If you are interested, feel free to contact me. If I do not hear from you by the close of next week (4/20), I will know that I am free to offer these works to another as a donation.

Keep up the beautiful work you are doing; God bless you all.

- Tara
----------------------------------------------------------------------  

Will the radio station accept my offer? I don't know, but I cannot shake this feeling that there is a larger audience that should read these stories. That is one of the reasons for publishing these anonymously. It's not about me; it's about the message in those stories. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment