Saturday, May 5, 2012

Power of Belief

All through Yeshua's (Jesus') life in this existence, He performed wonders, including healing and even raising Himself and others from the dead. Yet, there were also times when He tried, but the miracle failed to materialize. That was because those around Him failed to believe - their Faith mattered.

The opposite is also certainly true, as in the case of the woman in the image above. She believed so sincerely that all she had to do was touch the hem of His clothes and she would be healed. She was.

While we no longer see Yeshua walking around our towns, villages and cities today, we can still have that Faith. He taught: If we believe anything strong enough, it will be. That includes something as incredible to us as to those of His time, making the mountains move. As I mentioned in my prior blog post (No Credit), this can have negative as well as positive influences in our life.

Here, though, I would like to emphasize the positive ones.

Yeshua does still help us - every one of us - as much as we let Him. Yes. We must let Him, for He will not go against our own will.

He is very willing to place Himself directly between us and that which will bring us fear, pain and loss. But we need to let Him do things God's way. If we insist on a time, place and procedure, we may likewise see miracles fizzle out to nothing.

I will be the first to admit, giving up my will completely is far from easy. It's so much easier to ask for something to be done a particular way (i.e. heal a person now), rather than just a simple plea, "Help us."

How much we let God's influence and help into our lives is a matter of two things:
  1. We must believe it can be done.
  2. We must completely give up our independent will.
This does not mean giving up "free will." Free will is our ability to choose to think with God or think independent of God. While this may sound close to hive-mind or mob-mentality, it is far different in experience. (See my post Just Be for more.)

How do we know our will is in alignment with God's? There is Peace; often there is Joy. There is connection to others all around; level connections where one is neither above nor below. There is no anxiety, and never any fear. If there is, we have not fully relinquished our independent will over a situation. And doing so CAN scare the crap out of us. But only at the start of the first step, then there is Peace.

This is not a constant state of mind, at least not for me yet. It does change, moment-to-moment depending on the situation and my thoughts and feelings. Each moment I must decide - over and over again - to set my own independent will aside. I must let that part of me be as still and silent as death.

And I must believe with all my mind, heart, and soul that God will help me, guide me, and be the strength that I need. (S)He is ready to do that for each and every one of us.
.
We need to believe...
And let go.
.
God will catch us.

No comments:

Post a Comment