Monday, May 7, 2012

Good Bye FaceBook

While I made some protests last week that if FaceBook doesn't let users opt out of the new timeline by the end of the month, I'd leave.

This morning, however, my mind was completely made up. I wasn't waiting. I posted that I'll be closing my account Friday and started saying my goodbyes to friends I've made over the last few years.

The new timeline annoys the crap out of me; images are chopped, and game posts are practically impossible to access. Plus I noted that all my personal pictures were made viewable to EVERYONE on the internet - not "friends-only" as my account was originally set up. FaceBook also announced to the world (via "map") every location I've mentioned at any time in my account.

The timeline, privacy issues, and acknowledgment that I spend way too much time on Farmville are the reasons I've given to friends as to why I'm leaving FaceBook. For the most part, they are.

But I cannot understand why I suddenly changed my mind about when to stop. Why do I feel this undeniable urge to close my account this week?

I know I've missed a few days on Twitter recently, but is that the reason? Do I need to spend more time on Twitter?

Or is something else in my life about to open up?

All I can do is take God's hand and trust that (S)He knows where we're going.

No comments:

Post a Comment