Sunday, January 1, 2012

Learning Dreams

The next in my litany of dream categories is one that I've been getting more and more often since 2007.

Learning Dreams are where I am not only aware I am dreaming; there is no dream-self. There is only my own mind. While I probably could start flying, similar to the fun dreams, there is usually some guide or at least a strong impression of one, that I've come to think of as the Holy Spirit. Much like a teacher in a classroom, the guide directs me through these exercises where I do different things. Often it is a matter of focusing my mind, or at least better disciplining it.

Yeshua/Jesus is often my guide / teacher / mentor in these dreams. I enjoy having Him there tremendously. He is a good teacher; He can put things into my perspective. But I also need to understand when I need to let go of my perspective when it gets in the way. He is patient; far more patient than I am, including with myself. I try to get it done right the first time and quickly. Sadly, not everything works "in a New York minute." :P

He is loving. I can see it in His eyes, I can feel it when He touches my mind and/or spirit. He also has a sense of humor. He laughs with me. Sometimes he gently teases me too, as big Brother is entitled to do. But when He teases He is either showing me the folly of my thinking, teaching me not to be so serious about something so insignificant, or just benevolently sharing the humor in the situation at that moment, getting me to smile and giggle too. He enjoys seeing us smile...


Part of the learning is tied into the Nesting Dreams that I will discuss next.

No comments:

Post a Comment