Sunday, January 1, 2012

Death Dreams

Rarest of all my dream categories are death dreams. This is what started this urge to blog today. I had a death dream just prior to waking this morning.

Death Dreams are exactly what it sounds like, I die in the dream. I believe I have now had two dreams where this has happened. It usually starts out as a normal Everyday Dream and something happens where I die. Then the dream-self becomes aware I have died and it kinda turns into a Learning Dream, but there is no corporeal sensation.
To save time and space, I will not go over all the details of this dream. But toward the end of this dream... I was walking along the back edge of my mother's backyard, though it was far larger than it is in this existence. But, as I said, my dream-self has different memories and it seemed correct. Along the border where there is in this existence a wooden fence between her and a neighbor's backyard, there was no such fence. So I could see into her yard through the tree trunks. This is no surprise, as my mother spent a good deal of our visit griping over the trees in that neighbor's year and how she's forever picking up branches, twigs and leaves from the neighbor's trees. This is typical of the Everyday Dream where my mind is working over experiences in this existence.

Then, in the dream, I spied a off-white dog; what appeared to be part-husky, part-samoyed and quite large. It was odd in that it had near-fluorescent orange highlights in patterns on its face and chest - almost pretty against the off-white fur. The dog was in a tiny chain-link fence enclosure, that seemed absurdly short as it only stopped just over the dog's head. I shrugged it off and continued along the back edge of the yard.

Something in the dream ... changed. I could see it ripple across the dream.

The dog growled low and became even larger, hoping easily over the fence toward me. Realizing this had changed to a Learning Dream, I focused my mind to calmness and benevolence and offered the dog my hand (palm downwards as I've been recently taught) and let it sniff me. The dog seemed more wolf than dog, similar to my friend's part-wolf samoyed. So I kept eye contact and backed away slowly, calmly and showed no fear. The dog seemed content and walked away back to its yard.

I turned and continued down the side of my mom's house toward the front where my husband, niece and mother were waiting for me as we had some more work to do in the garage. When I was about three-quarters of the way to the front of the house, there was a growl from behind me. The dog was back, now practically fully wolf except for the bright orange markings. It's head was low and it's teeth bared.

I heard my husband shout for me to run, which is what we're not supposed to do, but.. I tried to run. My legs moved as though I was in thick molasses. All my strength amounted to miniscule movements. I was too slow! The wolf caught up with me. Paws hit my back and through me to the ground as I turned to look over my left shoulder.

It was too late; the wolf had me by the throat from behind. There was no pain. There was no fear. Yeshua was standing before me with His hand extended. I grasped it and stood up, realizing something felt different. He told me I had died. I went to turn around to see if I cold see my body and He placed a restraining arm across my shoulders, insisting that I don't look. I got the impression that the wolf had eaten my face; I wasn't going to see that.

But I was for certain dead. There was no corporal sensations. It was calm and Peaceful. I realized I only had a few moments. I opened my mom's front door and went to leave her something in parting. I could see the wide terrified eyes of my husband, mom and niece as the door opened "on it's own." I was saddened that I didn't / couldn't say goodbye.

I woke up.

Alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment