Sunday, January 1, 2012

Deja-Dreams

It just occurred to me as I woke up this morning that this would be an excellent resource to start recording some of my dreams. In general, I have very lucid dreams. Often I can not only recall most of them upon waking (even hours or days later) but I can also tell - at times - that I am dreaming while I am in the dream. I've come to categorize my dreams. I will start with deja-dream here and post the others separately.

Deja-Dream: There will be dreams that I am aware that I am dreaming. There is also an added understanding / "feeling" that I will see the events / experiences unfolding around me in the future. This isn't a prophetic dream, per se, just what will happen in my personal life. These can involve everyday events (work, home, travel), conversations with people I either know or will know at that point in time, or things I observe around me at the moment. There have been no life-changing, earth-shaking events when I receive a "deja vu" that matches a previous "deja dream." 

While I have the awareness of the deja-dream, I try my best to focus on all the details: what I see, what I hear, what I smell, what I touch, what I taste, my thoughts... Well, thoughts are interesting. In these dreams there is what I call my "dream self" which has all the awareness, thoughts, memories, knowledge that I will hold at that point in the future. Then there is my "observer self" that holds all the awareness, thoughts, memories, knowledge that I went to bed with that night. There are differences and I try to pin-point as many differences as possible. Some of the major differences are location, people, events (personal to global) that had occurred just prior to the moment in which I experience the deja-vu. In other words, I guess I'm reading my own future mind.

I don't always figure out all the differences. For example, I have dreamed of "homes" that I have not lived in yet. Or workplaces where I have yet to work. Or have conversations with people whom I have yet to meet. Strangely, though it is not until I reach the actual "deja vu" moment that I make the connection. Then my awake / observer self sits back and goes, "Ah! So THAT is the place / person / event that I wondered about."

God works outside of time; it should not seem strange that His/Her children should be able to also.

No comments:

Post a Comment