Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fun Dreams

As I said in my prior post, I've decided to start recording my dreams, but first I wanted to share how I classify them. In the prior post, I described my deja-dreams. The "fun dreams" are similar in some aspects.

Fun Dreams: At some point near the start of the dream, I realize I am dreaming. The dream-self and the observer-self at this point, however, are the same. I just become aware I am dreaming. Then the fun begins.
I can fly in these dreams. I simply focus on the awareness of my body and mentally ... "lift / pull myself up." Once my feet have left the ground I can find and ride the currents, similar to a gliding hawk, or I can mentally propel myself through the air in a particular direction, similar to a jet ... err without the "gas" propulsion one may see in a comedy. :P

Sometimes I shape shift. In these dreams, the body is only what I think of it. I can run through the snowy woods on four paws like the timber wolf, or flap my wings like an eagle. I can run through the open fields like a wild mustang with the sun warming my back, or shift to become a pegasus where my wings propel me toward the clouds. (Yes, I do enjoy flying in these dreams).
I can also just "grow" wings from my back to take on the commonly envisioned images of an angel to fly. Though I would like to note my concepts of angels have moved from what I've been shown in books as a child to something different: a being of pure light and love that reflects/extends Pari's (God's) Light and Love. Sometimes the battle angles may have the impression one is looking upon a column of white fire. But in general, like I do in my dreams, they can take on the image of something simply by thought.

Though, that isn't far from what I see humanity as either - beings of light and love, extensions (Children) of God. We just wear flesh for a time to experience this existence, to learn and grow. That which goes beyond the grave is what we truly are: our spirits, our souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment