Sunday, January 1, 2012

Everyday Dreams

I continue in my discussion of the various categories in which I list my dreams. Thus far I have mentioned deja-dreams and fun dreams. Here I discuss:

Everyday Dreams: These are dreams where the brain works out events that happen during the day, what I've observed (either real life, movies, books, etc.), conversations I've had, things I've learned, and so on. These usually occur at the start of my sleep and may carry on through the night until I get up in the morning. Or they can change as early as the second dream.

When I was younger, this was the majority of my dreams with a spattering of deja-dreams. Now it occurs as less than half of my dreams.
.
From what I've heard and read, these are the types of dreams everyone has. They can be good or bad. There is no flying save by airline; there are no mental abilities. It is simply as I would experience life in this existence, except I do not realize I am dreaming. 

There is no observer-self; only the dream self and all is experienced through that self's awareness, thoughts, memories, and knowledge. Interesting to note though, the dream-self's mind differs from what's in my head when I set it onto the pillow that night. Sometimes it's minor changes - such as the color of a favorite sweater; sometimes it's major - such as I forgot my dad died six years ago as I'm having a conversation with him at a family gathering.

These I generally consider simply as my brain is trying to "debrief" or reconcile all that I experience in this life - day by day or over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment