Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What would happen if we all...?

I usually do not share my prayers online. But I chose to for this one, only because I wanted to share the results.

While gathering stories for Positive News on my other blog, I must sift through countless other stories, filled with war, violence and sadness. After reading a slew articles about the shootings from all parts of the world, from civil war in Syria, to war-torn parts of the African continent, to another school shooting in the US (all in yesterday's news), I was ready to weep. :*(

At 3 pm, I paused in my workday to say some prayers. I had the printed prayers in hand, but instead I felt directed to put them away. "Share what's on your heart, daughter."

And I did. I asked for all this gun violence to stop - even if just for 24 hours. So caught up in this prayerful request, I found myself with my head down to the floor. It was a desire from deep within. Not that I hold anything against the shooters, for they truly are not in their right frame of mind, heart and spirit when they kill another human being.

Just please, end it ... even if for a day.

I just wrapped up my news search a few minutes ago. While I wish I could have reported there were no fatal gun shootings - there WAS A SIGNIFICANT drop. An Isreali military man shot a Palestinian woman. A cop in the US shot his wife, child and self. One other US shooting reported. While each of these is sad, that was all in the news for the past 20 hours. Worldwide.


That impresses me. God does listen. God does care.

  • What if we all prayed that the gun violence ends?
  • What if we all prayed that all violence ends?
  • What if we all prayed that the hungry would have food?
  • What if we all prayed that we treat each other with love and kindness?
How much can we change the world, if we all just prayed?

No comments:

Post a Comment