Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Practice

I know it's WAY too early for Easter, but this image seemed to fit my thoughts today.

For little over a week, I hunted down news stories that spotlight goodness, Light and Love in humanity, as well as accounts of Miracles and Wonders.

Going through the news feeds for these isn't too different from Easter egg hunts...
I originally began the Positive News series on my other blog in response to all the negative news issued by the media and many blogs, recounting all the "sins" and evils of the world.

Uhm... Was I just shaking my fist at the fist-shakers? I think so...

But, as I mentioned previously, God may have a purpose behind this. I think I just discovered one.
Listening to negative news, we become wary of our brothers and sisters. We may be fearful or see them as duping, goading or leading us to "sin." There may also be a "get them before they get us" mentality.

While I strive to find Light and Love in the news stories, there is also Light and Love in each human being ~ everyone!
So for me, this is becoming a daily practice to peel back all the layers and see what shines - both in terms of stories and within each and every individual person.

I need to stop,
Look past the headlines
And see the REAL story underneath. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment