Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Open Hands

Of the things I've learned recently, this is quite practical. Any time I struggle (mentally, emotionally, even with physical pain), I empty and open both hands.

In one hand is the past - all that I learned, all that I have acquired and possess, all the past experiences, connections and grudges that influence me. That must be emptied and opened.

In the other hand is the future - all that hope for, all that I dream, all my plans, all my worries. That too must be emptied and opened.

When both hands are empty and open, my focus is on God and the present moment. It's then that God takes my hands and REALLY helps me, including ways I have yet to put to words.

The struggles cease.
Peace flows in.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I have not heard from you in a while. Glad to see your writing again. Hope you had a great Christmas and a blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diana :D

      While I have not written here, I have added to my other blog and Twitter. But this is my introspective blog. If this morning is any example, I think I'd be sharing more here in the near future. :D

      Delete