Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Words

Near the end of the workday today, I was tired. I was tired of this illness I cannot shake, tired of the monotony of my day job, tired of not knowing if I should continue Positive News, tired of wondering if I will have a job next month, tired of not really knowing anything, nor what to do about it all...

When I get cranky, I reach out to Yeshua, seeking some comfort and confirmation that I am still on the right track. It's something a little sister does with a trusted big brother. :)

The response was five words: "Let me see your hands."

Sure enough, my hands clutched past (including all petty things of the day) and future (with all its worries, hopes and fears). In a sense, I had bound myself trying to remain in complete control of my life.
When I acknowledge that God is better qualified to differentiate the valuable and inconsequential, my mind and spirit become calm and confident.

When I show God what is in my hands, rather than stubbornly insisting I can handle it myself, I invite God to help me. I am placing my life in God's capable hands. What better place is there?

When I heard, "Let me see your hands," I smiled and opened both hands wide. The tiredness dropped from my mind and body in a heartbeat. I may still sniffle, but my soul feels much lighter now. My emotions are calm and my mind is at Peace. I smile.

I LAUGH!

What is in your hands right now?
Will you let Him see too?

No comments:

Post a Comment