Sunday, May 5, 2013

Twit Judge

"We are called to Love, not play the Judge" is one of my favorite slogans, and something I need to be vigilant too.

Last week I purged my Twitter followings. I not only unfollowed those who didn't follow me (making room for new follows), I also unfollowed those with negative tweets.

Many of the "hate" tweets were from Republicans who still b*tch that their candidate didn't win, continue to bash Obama, and spread lies and dissension.

Last week I discovered I could use the #tcot and other hashtags to find and remove these accounts.

I received a gentle reminder to really look at my intentions. Was I following the Spirit, who instructs me to approach every person with Love and Compassion? Or was I playing the Judge in saying these accounts are not worthy of "my follow."

Who do I think I am? God?

After that wake-up call, I refrained from doing so. But the temptation is still there, even when I follow new followers. Something inside me wants to be the Judge, the one in control, the one who calls the shots.

But that is not what my Twitter account should be.

Yeshua/Jesus didn't refuse to help the Centurion, why should I turn away the Republican? He visited with the tax collectors, why should I block salespeople and marketers? 

Are my tweets not to be shared with ALL of my brothers and sisters?

I must admit, my ego has become creative. I agreed not to unfollow any more #tcot members, but I went to #uniteblue and followed a whole bunch of Democrats. I told myself that it was to "balance the tweetstream, as I am an Independent after all."

Who do I think I am fooling? I can see that is a lie, and so does God.
 
It isn't that God has anything against Democrats. (God doesn't care WHAT political party one follows; it's merely lines with which humanity divides itself.) What upset God was that I was trying to sidestep a direct request. I was acting to spite God - like a willful child will do - and (S)He saw right through the "excuse" I threw up in my mind to cover it.

After a few days to really think about what I've done, the Song inside continues to sing. I continue to share this via Twitter. God is not one to hold a grudge, and I need to let things go as well.

It's time to turn the other tweet. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think this has happened to all of us. We just need to keep in mind that social media is one more way we can use to spread the Word of God to everyone. Thanks so much for sharing this great and necessary post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one way we can spread God's message. It is also a way we can stroke our ego (or another's). I find prayer helps me to be open to God's guidance, so I know when I start meandering down the wrong path (again). :D

      God Bless you, Diane.

      Delete