Friday, May 17, 2013

The Gripe

When I tweet, I roll out hundreds of responses. My heart sings.. until I run into "The Gripe."

When she sees me on Twitter, she tweets "@" me three words: "How are you?" While polite, when I reply with the same question, she immediately tweets her latest minor ailment. 

While sympathetic to her plight, that is ALL she tweets at me. Complaints. Even when I no longer ask or address her question, sending a pleasant greeting or Blessing instead, I still get the complaint of the day. Now I cringe when I see her username, knowing what's coming.

I half jokingly wonder when she'll tell me her left buttocks fell asleep.

While I mentally rolled my eyes at her complaint sent today, I got a nudge from Above about my little judgement call. Then I was given understanding from a different perspective...

My username on Twitter is @JesusSister. Some may interact with me the same way they would interact with our Brother Yeshua (Jesus). They come to Him with their complaints, their troubles, their tears. And they expect that He will help them with their burdens.

Who am I to be less sympathetic toward my brothers and sisters? Even The Gripe.

Another thought crossed my mind: How many talk to God when they don't have worry or complaint?

How many stop to thank God for a pretty flower, or a tasty morsel of food, or even overlooked Blessings like a hot shower?

How many stop to just say "hi" to God or sit quiet, soaking in God's Presence. Churches fill with people when there is a disaster. But are empty on a sunny afternoon.

I, too, will quickly turn to God when I have pain, trouble or a gripe, but not so quickly to just spend time with my Heavenly Parent.

If only hearing gripes irks me, how does God feel?

I need to change...

2 comments:

  1. This is something we all need to be mindful of. The desire to change is a good place for us to start, God will take care of making sure we do, and He won't stop till it is complete. Stay strong sister and continue to walk towards the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God for His guidance and thank you for your support. We walk together hand-in-hand until we all celebrate in the Promised Land. :D

      Delete