Friday, August 10, 2012

Lion and Lioness

This morning I spoke with Yeshua. There was nothing serious, or so I thought, just chatting like Brother and sister.

As my birthday is tomorrow, I tried to wheedle His birth date from Him (yet again). I know He was born sometime in the summer, not on December 25th as we celebrate. But He will not tell me precisely when. It doesn't help that we're on two completely different calendars. :P But He insists the importance is that He was born, human like us. It doesn't matter WHEN in the calendar year this happened.

But, like a little sister, I keep trying. :P

Today, He joking said that He'll share my birthday. So I teased back, "I guess that makes you a Leo too." Then it clicked in my mind. The "Lion of Judah" is one of Yeshua's titles. Why wouldn't it be a good Zodiac sign for Him?

While I pondered this, He whispered back, "That makes you a lioness too."

Of course, my mind argued this. The animal I best associate with is a mouse - a far cry from a lioness. (She eats mice and much bigger things!)

A mouse is my fursona, chosen not only because it fit my personality, but  because it's the smallest of God's creatures (except bugs, bacteria, viruses and other things that don't look so cute and fluffy). Mice are also found in every climate this world has to offer, from the arctic circle to the equator.

That's one of the reasons I wrote the story, Lion and Little Mouse. It seemed to fit my relationship with Yeshua.

But He insisted that His Bride is as much of a lioness as He is a Lion. We discussed their separate roles.

The Lion leads; the lioness raises and teaches the young. The lioness hunts; the Lion protects and defends. The Lion has this really cool mane, I bantered. Yeshua countered that the lioness has attractive attributes too, especially to the Lion.

While I am the Bride, I am not the Bride alone. The Bride of Christ is all of humanity - as one. There is a role we fulfill in this world as lioness.

As the lioness raises and teaches the young, we share our understanding with the world. As the lioness brings the results of her hunt to the lion, we bring those with whom we connect to Christ's heart, even if only through sharing His Love.

And one part that is often forgotten in this life's existence. We have attractive attributes that draws the Lion to us. His Love is a shining beacon that those attributes are there, even when they are hidden from ourselves.

The Lion and lioness
Together do shine
From the very beginning
And well beyond time

PS: If you look close enough, you'll see that even in human form, Yeshua has a really cool mane. ;-)

2 comments: