Friday, August 31, 2012

Hour of the Wolf

In Babylon 5, there's a description of a time of desperation and courage. One of the characters defines it as the Hour of the Wolf, between 3 and 4 am, in the middle of the night when wolves are at your door.

Two things popped into mind when I heard that: (1) I like wolves; one may say they are a totem animal of mine. (2) 4 am is my time with Yeshua, immediately following what some say is the darkest part of the night. A third item followed days later, 3 am parallels 3 pm, the hour Christ died on the cross.

At 3 am last night, I got up to pee. Noting the time, I chuckled, wobbling half- asleep to the bathroom and back. It's the hour of the wolf. I looked into the shadows of the apartment - without fear.

At 4 am, I woke and was told to sleep and dream. This was a night for one of the lesson dreams. For the sake of brevity, I will not share all of it, but the key part.

We were aware of wolves outside, but were safe indoors. I glanced out windows hoping to catch a glimpse of them. It was twilight before the dawn. 

Three men entered, carrying someone severely attacked. The legs were gone, and the mind was driven mad. I tried to touch one of the hands that flailed wildly. I got a flash that there was a different "wolf" within this poor victim as well, a possession of sorts. One of the men there said he had not "seen an attack this bad since the rise of New Germany".

Without thinking, I shoved the gatherers aside, placed my hands on the victim's chest and reached for God. There was a sense for the first time within me -   I   can   do   this   ! The bleeding stopped instantly. The moans stopped with the pain.

The eyes snapped open and glared at me. I firmly commanded - Out! It tried to ensnare my mind: I am a simple human after all, I cannot command it to leave. I had none of it. God held my hand and I was a child of God's. Out! Now!

With a shriek, it left. The victim was stabilized and rapidly healing. Suddenly drained and very tired, I took a few steps to the side.

My birth mother approached me and said I did that. Then she pointed to the other miracles I worked unwitnessed in the dream. I was a miracle worker!

I turned to her and replied quietly but firmly, "God works miracles, not me. Regardless of form, it is always God."

I walked outside, tired and drained. Heading across the compound for another building, I recalled the wolves outside. But God was still with me. So I bravely walked through the twilight and crossed in front of a locked-up building. A low growl came from the darkness under the trees...

In the valley of the darkness
I will fear no evil
For God is with me.

In the valley of the twilight, when evil approaches with a wolf's menacing growl...
 ... I climbed the drainpipe like a squirrel.

I woke up, shaking a bit. There is still more to learn of Faith and placing my full Trust in God.

*** Images from the internet. Final image: by Dark Natasha, website unknown. Others: sources unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment