Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Come and See

Just before waking, I had an interesting dream. In the dream, I was in some apartment my husband and I shared.

It was a work day, so I packed my laptop bag and lunch tote. But as I had some time, I didn't walk to the office right away. Instead, I sat outside on the sparse grass beside the driveway and, while water from last night's rain trickled into the heels of my old worn sneakers, I flipped through a pile of paperwork from the bag.

In it was a photograph.

It seemed out of focus at first, but then when I tilted it correctly, I could see the image. It was of my mother, my sister, her daughter, and my brother. "This was taken when they visited my husband and I," I reminisced.

But I did note that my other brother and father were not in the picture. Their passing had finally been accepted by my subconsciousness. When I considered this, Yeshua stepped up and told me, "I am leaving--"

"WHAT!?!" I exclaimed. I needed Him. He is a constant companion day and night, in my thoughts and in my heart. "What do You mean You are leaving???

I whined, I cajoled, I argued, I bitched, I moaned. I told Him how much I needed Him by my side. That I couldn't do anything without Him. I couldn't live without Him. How can He tell me He was leaving me????

He touched my shoulder with a smile and told me, "I will always be with you, but I am leaving." I felt more than watched Him walk down the driveway.

My eyes were still locked on the photograph in my hand.
...

It didn't dawn on me until I had awakened, wanting to write this down and figure out WHY He was leaving me.

Yeshua never said He was leaving me. He said He was leaving. There is a difference.

I was clinging to the past, to my family, to my little circle in this life. He was leaving that.

...and inviting me to come along. I just never let Him finish His words. :P

Where is He going? I don't know. But the invitation still stands open... "Come and see."

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful post, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope it's understand, that the invitation is not just for me alone, but for us all. :D

      Delete