Saturday, August 25, 2012

Brain Tickles

A few years ago, I've started feeling an odd sensation that I refer to as "brain tickles." It's a similar sensation when feeling first returns to a part of the body that has gone numb. But it doesn't ever reach the "pins and needles" pain.

At first, this brought me a great deal of worry and concern, panic even! My little brother had a cerebral AVM, which would bleed into his brain from time to time. Feeling something that may be a trickle within my own brought these fears, but nothing else: no headaches, no seizures, nothing bad. It was simply a feather-light touch in my cranium.

The first few times, I was told, "Don't worry. It's God's touch. It will not harm you." Even with this, there was great fear, including thoughts that whatever it was would eventually kill me...

But that changed over the years. Now... I smile each time I feel it.

There is no correlation with what I am doing at the moment it happens. I could be driving, walking, praying, working on inventory reports, talking to someone on the phone, reading, or just veging in front of the television. It happens when it happens, not when I will it to, or even when I think about it. Through trial and failure, I cannot get it to start, no matter what I try, including intense prayer for it to happen.

I guess it is true: God knocks when God knocks, not when we are ready and waiting for it.

When I am not afraid, and I am not fighting it... There is Love. There is Peace. There is an inner smile. There's a sensation, that God is saying "hi" to me, and I often pause from whatever I am doing and take the time to say "hi" back.

It may well be just a simple confirmation that God is there with us. It may be an invitation to prayer, to be still and spend a few moments with God. Perhaps the Creator is rewiring the firmware so I would work more aligned with His Plan. I know my perspective has been changing over the last few years as well.

Whatever the brain tickle may be, it's a reminder that God is not done with me, but is still working in accordance with God's Plan. :D

3 comments:

  1. I loved this :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you appreciated this one. May you experience your own Touch from God. We are all truly loved and desired to draw near. :D

    ReplyDelete