Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Shoulder

The last few weeks, I've gone through physical pain, emotional pain, and several rounds where doubts and fears overwhelm me like tidal flow to a new swimmer. But in all this, I know I haven't been alone. All I need do is swallow my stupid pride, admit I need help and reach out... 
 
Our big Brother, Yeshua (Jesus), has been very helpful in getting Peace back into my head and heart, creating a small still haven where even physical pain fades. When I reach out, there's an exercise He taught me. 

Our minds are capable of far more than we realize, even times when we feel helpless in doubt, fear and/or pain. But we never loose the capability and can be guided in how to use it. 

The exercise is one of mental projection, meditation and/or positive (rather than negative) use of imagination. We all can use imagination negatively, focusing on fears, worries, pain, etc. These thoughts actually affect our physical body (heart rate, breathing, blood pressure, and so on). 

While the image can differ from person-to-person, my positive image is simply being a little girl held in Yeshua's embrace. There I am safe. There is no need to fear. There is no need to doubt. There is no need to worry. Yeshua is also a well-known healer. Held in His embrace, physical pain can and does subside. 

So now, when I reach that point where I realize I think independently - that I've wandered into a place of pain, fear and doubt - I need to acknowledge I cannot overcome anything by myself. I need help. I need to set aside my ego. I need to reach out. 

When I reach out, I get the response, "Think of my shoulder. Rest your head there, little sister. All will be well. You are safe." I've done this a number of times since the initial exercise. Without fail, it works. 

There is Peace in my heart and mind. Pain subsides. I am surrounded by Love. 

This is something I wish everyone could experience in this world. It is a Blessing beyond description. All I have is humble words to share and hope that readers will likewise, set aside their struggles and reach out...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, will give it a try. I pray you feel better.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for trying this, Diana, and for your prayers.

      I pray you have many positive results in your own steps, as well. While there may be doubt or trepidation at the start, positive results are a good reinforcement for later attempts. :D

      Delete