Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Meditation - Day 3

Today, I meditated at the office right after lunch. I sat on the floor where I could gave out the window to see the sky easily. A gentle warm breeze flowed through the screened window.

Instead of words, I focused on my breath for about seven minutes. With each inhale, I felt calmer, stronger, and the cares of the day slid out of my mind.

I felt guided to open both hands wide; one held my thoughts of the past, and the other thoughts of the future. I let them both go and just lived - even for a short spell - completely in the present moment.

Looking around right after the meditation, it seemed like I was seeing it all for the first time again, like the sensation one has with a new set of glasses when they didn't realize their eyes were that bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment