Monday, June 25, 2012

Back-to-School?

Some things combined make me wonder if I am being led into a new step. I hope my readers pardon the sidetrack as I jot a few things down, in case I want a reference.
On the cusp of sleep last night, I was told starting today my eyes would truly begin to open - just a sliver of light, but a start.

This morning, I saw on a friend's blog a virtual reading. On a lark, I thought, Why not? The selected card read, "This is the time to release all your past ideals that no longer serve you. If you have been doing inner work, this card represents its completion and a shift into the new. If you are just beginning, this card represents it is time to begin your inner work."

Shortly thereafter, I was poking around online and, half-listening to the radio, heard a mention about a seminary. Growing up Catholic, seminary studies were restricted to men who wanted to go into the priesthood, never an option for a female like myself. But women participate in similar roles in other religions, including several Christian ones. 

A nearby seminary has interfaith studies in an atmosphere of acceptance and interconnected studies of the Divine. That appealed to me right away. Despite the high costs and doubt my husband will agree with our extremely tight budget, I submitted a request for more information to be mailed to me for next Spring session.

Right after that, I went to get myself a cup of tea. (A hot mug in hand helps get me back in work-mode.) While I boiled water in the microwave and took my mug and tea out of the cabinet, I let my mind ponder the questions: Am I really serious about getting a degree from a Seminary? Is this what God wants in my life?

Immediately, I was overwhelmed by something that suddenly left me laughing, crying and hugging myself all at the same time. There was a sudden lift in my mind and soul. I had felt it before and still have not been able to identify it. It wasn't a mood swing from menopause; I've had many of those before too. This was completely different.

There was intense joy - nearly painful yet intoxicating. There were tears, but not from sadness or fear, just movement-of-the-Spirit tears. All within a sudden rush of ... something. I felt... hugged.

What was it?

Was it an answer to my question?

What does it mean?

There was not any certain affirmative or negative I've gotten before. This was... different.

And leaves me grasping for answers at this time.

As I walked back to my office, still wondering, tea in hand, I picked up the mail. Within the mail were not one but two letters from prison correspondence that I do. This could be coincidental or connected.

I wish I knew for certain...

1 comment:

  1. While praying before sleep last night, something "clicked" into my mind. There was a part of yesterday's events that I missed.

    The whoosh-hug sensation was immediately after another thought that had completely slipped my mind until last night's prayers.

    In response to my own questions, I had realized: I am not called to step away from the corporate world, but to work within the corporate world being a Light there, much as another I had met when I first started tweeting.

    THAT was the point at which the whoosh-hug occurred. It was a confirmation!

    ReplyDelete