Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Increase in Trust

 "A war is starting." These are words a friend used to warn me of an alleged war between Blacks and Whites in the US. He fears someone will rape or even kill me because I am White.

Sad.

And a bit frightening.

I realize that if violence and riots spread, I could find it right outside my door. It doesn't have to be because of the color of my skin, but merely that i was in the wrong place when violent gangs -- of any color or creed -- decide to pillage and plunder.

That is when I heard Yeshua whisper in my heart. "I am here with you. Why do you give into this fear? This is not happening right now; it is not real. Focus on the present and let ME take care of your future."
He is not wrong.

When I focus on what may be, I create the fear myself. No one else needs to make me feel afraid. I have already done the work for them.

And why would I fear my brothers and sisters if I continue to love and pray for them? I pray that Love conquers the hate; that Light reaches even the darkest parts of each human soul.

I walked the darker streets of New York City unscathed many times over the last few decades. Why would God abandon me now? No matter what happens in this world... my soul --my true being-- is safe in God's loving hand. No one can remove me.

When I focus on God instead of fear, I focus on the present, rather than some "dark future" that may or may not be. I find Peace deep inside. Peace brings less stress, and less stress brings less chronic pain to my body. What a great blessing!

Peace also radiates out. I know that I am connected with all my brothers and sisters -- all of humanity. So why not radiate Peace and Love rather than hatred and fear? In truth, those who radiate fear and hatred are those most likely to be victims of the same. So radiating Peace creates a brighter present and a brighter -- rather than darker -- future.

I choose to share Peace, rather than ripples of fear.

~ ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment