Saturday, October 13, 2012

Stepping Back

I've wanted to blog for a while, but nothing was put on "paper" (virtual or not). I have even been remiss in responding to emails and snail mailed letters. I think I finally found what the bottleneck may be.

The issue is... me.

I started a long list of blog ideas, things that I want to write, want to share, and want to say. Once I started that list, nothing was written, for I would turn to that list for inspiration. I did not turn to God.

For my blogs to be effective, I need to step back, turn to God, and ask - respectively, of course - "OK, I understand things don't work well without You. So can you please tell me: What do YOU want me to write about?"

How quickly the ego jumps back in. In writing this post, I included the aforementioned list with elaborations and descriptions. I micro-blogged inside this blog post.

When I realized that the list would put the spotlight back on me and my ideas, and detract from the message this post, I put the delete key to good use.

Let's face it, my understanding is so limited in the grand picture, but God's isn't. Do I want to help others? Or do I want to shine with my own light? Even if I shine for a time, the batteries in my flashlight will eventually die. But God's Wisdom shines with a much greater Light.

For that to shine, all I need to do is step aside.

No comments:

Post a Comment