Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Empty Vessel

A few years ago, I tried to blog each day of Lent. I got as far as day three. This time I just put the whole idea into the Holy Spirit's hands and see where that will go.

While at lunchtime Mass to receive ashes, my mind wondered, should I blog about something today. I could write about the "start of the journey" or "40 days in the desert."

Instead, the response was simply and clearly to use this blogpost. It is not mine, but it states quite wonderfully what this day commemorates.

I contemplated summing it up in a post of my own, but it seemed like God just smiled and brushed off that idea. "No; just share the link. Her words are just what some need to hear today."

That is a stumbling block I have at times. My ego shouts "*I* want to be the one to share these nuggets of wisdom."

But Lent is all about letting go all that holds us apart from God. What is more important, sharing the wisdom or the credit? So I opened my hands and tweeted her blog post instead.

Only when the vessel is empty
Can God fill us with what is good

~ ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment