Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pulling Out Roots

Recently I work with the Holy Spirit (a.k.a. Holy Ghost) on pulling out the negative thoughts and dark whispers that tickle the back of my mind. The more I practice, the more confidence I have.

Now, each time any negative thought so much as briefly comes into my conscious awareness, no matter what I am doing at that time, I stop, grab hold of that thought, and reach for the Holy Spirit.

I ask the Spirit to lower my barriers, opening the connection between God and myself. I need as clear a communication as possible. I also need to reduce any fear that exists, for the adversary uses fear to divide me from God.

When I find Peace and Calm in my mind and soul, I know the connection is ready. Then I ask the Spirit to help me dig, following that negative thought as far back as possible.

The journey takes many sharp bends and twists, connecting to past experiences, and other negative thoughts, and pain I buried over the years.

This process also creates a lot of fear. The further I dig, the more afraid I can be. This is a spiritual battle.

The more afraid I feel, the more Faith and Trust in God I need. But this step is SO VERY WORTH IT.

At the root of that negative thought that merely grazed the surface of my conscious thoughts, I discover how much an iceberg negativity really is. The majority is well below the surface.

I hold this rotting, writhing mass of negative thoughts, emotions and turmoil out to the Holy Spirit, for God's Spirit holds the strength to get rid of this negative thought – right down to the roots – where I do not.

In my journal, about two years ago, I had noted something about my attempts to cut away negativity within my thoughts and emotions. All were by my will; not working with God. All failed. I had to lay down the hot knife. When I attack something, even myself, it does not work.

But when I let go… and let God, the negative thought, and all the "baggage" with it, are pulled out with a gentle Love that can only BE God.

The Spirit does not leave a vast open rent within my mind, heart and soul afterwards though. It is swiftly filled to overflowing with soothing, living, flowing Love, Light, and even Laughter. Sometimes when the root is very deep, I find myself giggling with tears flowing down my cheeks as the beautiful Healing takes place.

I don’t know how it happens. I just know it does.

Even better, when the SAME negative thought is introduced again, there is no root unless I willingly (my will) accept it. Yet, the more I continue to weed, the more I recognize those propositions…

…and I walk away, leaving the negativity to die in the dust at my feet.

Not alone can I do this.
But we are never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment